The salt spraytest is an environmental test that mainly uses the simulated salt sprayenvironmental conditions created by the salt spray test equipment to evaluatethe corrosion resistance of a product or metal material.
The salt spraytest standard is a specific and specific requirement for salt spray testconditions, such as temperature, humidity, concentration of sodium chloridesolution and PH value, and also provides technical requirements for theperformance of the salt spray test chamber. Salt spray test results are judgedby methods such as: rating determination method, weighing determination method,corrosive appearance determination method, and corrosion data statisticalanalysis method. The products that require salt spray tests are mainly metalproducts that are tested for corrosion resistance.
Corrosion is thedestruction or deterioration of a material or its properties caused by theaction of the environment. Most of the corrosion occurs in the atmosphere. Theatmosphere contains oxygen, humidity, temperature changes, and contaminantssuch as corrosion and corrosion factors. Salt spray corrosion is a common andmost damaging atmospheric corrosion.
Salt mist refersto the dispersion system composed of tiny droplets of salt in the atmosphereand is one of the three series of artificial environment. Many companies'products need to simulate the destructiveness of the surrounding oceanicclimate, and the salt spray test simulates this. The emergence of thisphenomenon, so testing equipment - salt spray test chamber came into being.
The salt spraytest is divided into neutral salt spray and acid salt spray. The difference isthat the standards and test methods are different. Also known as the “NSS” and“CASS” tests, it is the most common type of test in the artificial climate.method.
Can do testmethods:
Neutral SaltSpray Test (LRHS-108-RY)
Salt spray test(LRHS-270-RY)
Acetate SprayTest (LRHS-412-RY)
Copperaccelerated vinegar instinct test
High temperaturedamp heat test
Testtemperature: a. Neutral salt spray test: Test chamber: 35°C±1°C, b. Saturatedair barrel: 47°C±1°C, Acid corrosion test: Test chamber: 50°C±1°C, b. Saturatedair barrel : 63 °C ± 1 °C, can also be set according to JIS, CNS and otherstandards.
(1) Determinethe impact of various environmental factors on industrial products and identifycorresponding protective measures; (2) Assess the product's life degradationand adaptability of products under these environmental conditions (3) Todevelop artificial simulation test methods and Verify that the artificialsimulation test method provides the basis. In the past ten years, artificialsimulation test technology has made great progress, and all aspects havereached a fairly complete level. However, even the most advanced analogequipment is difficult to reproduce the comprehensive factors of the naturalenvironment. For example, in tropical environments, products are often affectedby a combination of factors such as temperature, humidity, rainfall, solarradiation, salt spray, mold, ecological environment, and pollution. In coldclimates, products are exposed to cold, low humidity, and electrostaticeffects. In addition to such effects, they are also affected by human factorsthat cause operators to make mistakes due to freezing.
Method: Artificially simulated salt sprayenvironmental test is the use of a test equipment with a certain volume ofspace - salt spray test chamber, in its volumetric space with artificialmethods, resulting in salt spray environment to the product's resistance tosalt spray corrosion quality Conduct assessments. Compared with the naturalenvironment, the salt concentration of the chloride in the salt sprayenvironment can be several times or several times of that of the normal naturalenvironment, which greatly increases the corrosion rate. The salt spray test isperformed on the product and results are obtained. The time has also beengreatly shortened. If a product sample is tested under natural exposureconditions, corrosion may take up to 1 year. However, if the test is performedunder simulated artificial salt spray conditions, similar results can beobtained as long as 24 hours. However, artificially accelerated simulationtests are still different from the natural environment and therefore cannot be replaced.
(1) Neutral salt spray test (NSS test) isthe earliest present application of an accelerated corrosion test method. Ituses a 5% aqueous solution of sodium chloride, and the pH of the solution isadjusted to a neutral range (6 to 7) as a solution for spraying. The testtemperatures were all taken at 35°C, and the precipitation rate of salt spraywas between 1 and 2 ml/80 cm·h.
(2) Acetate spray test (ASS test) wasdeveloped based on the neutral salt spray test. It is to add some glacial aceticacid in 5% sodium chloride solution, so that the PH value of the solution isreduced to about 3, the solution becomes acidic, and the final salt fog is alsochanged from neutral salt fog to acidic. Its corrosion rate is about threetimes faster than the NSS test.
(3) Copper Salt Accelerated Acetate SaltSpray Test (LRHS-663P-RY) is a rapid salt spray corrosion test recentlydeveloped abroad. The test temperature is 50°C. A small amount of copper salt,copper chloride, is added to the salt solution. Severely induced corrosion. Itscorrosion rate is about 8 times that of the NSS test.
(4) The alternating salt spray test is anintegrated salt spray test. It is actually a neutral salt spray test plus aconstant damp heat test. It is mainly used for cavity type machine products.Through the infiltration of the tide environment, the salt spray corrosion willnot only be produced on the surface of the product, but also produced insidethe product. It is to switch the product alternately under the conditions of saltspray and damp heat, and finally to assess whether there is any change in theelectrical properties and mechanical properties of the complete product.
Huilong Village, Qiu'ai Town, Yinzhou District, Ningbo City, China